Naming your medical practice may seem easy. But, there are many things to consider before choosing a name. While your last name with “cosmetic surgery” may seem like a natural fit, this isn’t always the case. Let’s look at some issues that you need to consider now or in the future.
Tips for Naming Your Medical Practice
- Using the doctor’s last name may not be the best idea. While this helps brand you, rebranding may be in your future. In addition, your name may be challenging to spell or pronounce, making it more difficult to find online. It also doesn’t work well if you bring other doctors into your practice. Nor is it transferrable when selling your practice.
- Starting out with the end in mind isn’t difficult. Simply choose a practice name and add your name. Fordton Plastic Surgery—John Smith, MD. This gives you the initial branding. But separating your name later won’t affect your practice name as much.
- Consider the number of characters and words when naming your medical practice. Many online directories and social media platforms limit the number of characters. For example, Twitter limits usernames to 15 characters. Instagram limits names to 30 characters. So, you can see that less is more.
- PUMC is very familiar with this because we have experienced it. Our agency, Patients Unlimited Marketing Consultants, was named years ago. We extended our brand to include an acronym and did some rebranding to optimize online visibility. Today, most people know us by PUMC.
- Logos must also be thought through for online visibility. Some sites require rectangle design while others require squares. It is good to develop options.
Keep Your Practice Name Simple
You don’t have to include everything that you do in the name. You may be a full service medical spa and plastic surgery practice. Or, you may limit your procedures to a specific area of the body.
- Communicate the specifics in a tagline, imagery and specials.
- Brand your medical spa and plastic surgery practice individually.
- Add services you wish to promote to your Google My Business and directories.
Naming your medical practice is an important step for today and the future. So, you need to do it right the first time. Whether you are rebranding or naming a new practice, contact our experts. Their experience can be the difference you need.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.