Choosing medical office pictures can be challenging. It’s even more difficult to choose the right photos to decorate a
plastic surgery facility. Pictures create action. For example, which entices you most — a description or a picture of an ice cream cone?
Medical office photos to create action
Before & after photos are the lifeblood of a plastic surgery practice. You should have a book of pictures showing your work for every procedure and surgery. Place these on your website and social media. Many are appropriate for your walls.
- Create a consultation room featuring your key procedures
- Develop a slideshow to show on the reception area screen
- Add some images to pre- and post-op instructions
- Remember that HIPPA guidelines apply to pictures
Show your commitment to continuing education with pictures at conferences and training. Date your pictures with the year and keep them current. No matter how much you like a picture, change them at least every two years. Multiple photo opportunities exist at conferences.
- Take pictures of your conference presentations
- Get a picture in front of the exhibit of a trending procedure
- Ask for vendor photos of new equipment and/or procedures that you are offering
- Snap a pic of you and your staff holding your ongoing education certificates
- Arrange to take pictures of yourself networking with others at roundtable discussions or working lunches
Share photos of hobbies or travel that you and your staff enjoy. Perhaps you enjoy the ocean, cruising or national parks. You may choose to print a few landscape pictures from your vacation. If you have a particularly great picture of yourself in front of a landmark, it’s okay to print that. These are great conversation pieces.
Buying stock photos and cartoons
Humor is okay for a medical office.
However, you need to tread carefully because it’s easy for humor to offend some people. Humor in plastic surgery doesn’t always translate well. Vintage humor photos often do well. Ask several people before sharing cartoons and humor that relate to the medical field.
Do you still need medical office pictures?
Check out some of the online sites where you can purchase pictures such as 123rf. You may find some that represent your ambience to stimulate conversation.
Medical office pictures are a part of marketing—just as staff training, internet visibility and your online reputation. If the pieces of your marketing plan aren’t working together, call PUMC. We specialize in brainstorming ways to take our clients to the next level.