Blogs are a very effective marketing tool. They offer a way to comment on trends. Blogs are ideal for answering answer frequently asked questions. They provide content for other marketing tools. Blogs help doctors get found on Internet. Here’s the skinny on blogs:
How Blogs Help Doctors Market Services
What is a Blog?
A blog is defined as a regularly updated web page. To get the most SEO for your website, your blog should be included on your website. Authorship is attributed to you and/or your practice, but you don’t have to write everything. Your nurse, marketing agency or a freelance writer may write blogs for your review. Blogs help doctors establish expertise. In short, they are ideal for sharing opinions and information about your products, services and patient questions.
How do you Get Your Blogs Found?
At PUMC, we use a plug in to optimize our client’s blog SEO. Sure, we can do it on our own. But, optimizing SEO is challenging for clients who prefer to post on their own. Below are some of the items that can help your blog appear in Internet search results. You probably don’t have all of these for every blog, but you should strive to add as many elements as possible.
- Minimum of 300 words written in an easy-to-read format
- Appropriate use and density of keyword or key phrase (should appear appropriately in title, URL, subheading and throughout the content)
- 40-70 Character Title
- Relevant image that is tagged and captioned
- Meta Description
- External Link(s) as appropriate
- Blog categories for easy cross-reference
How Should You Write for Readabilty and Action?
- Headings and subheadings for scanning ease
- Bullets and/or numbered lists show content at a glance
- Callouts and/or bold words make relevant words pop
- Links for easy reference to resources and/or other areas on your site
- Images and videos to illustrate points
- Establish trust
- Stir emotion
- Call-to-action in every blog
Do you get how blogs help doctors market their products and services? Or, do you need a little help with choosing blog topics, writing or integrating blogs in your overall marketing strategy? Maybe you just need to improve your SEO. Call our experts at PUMC. We can give you a little boost or help you develop and implement your marketing strategy. Our goal is the same as yours: