Do you wish you had some Google+ tips? If you jumped on the Google+ bandwagon several years ago, you may have created a brand page for your medical practice. Then, Google places came along. Finally, Google+ local listing and reviews were connected to Google+. It’s been easy to find yourself with multiple Google+ pages that you want to merge or delete.
When you are in practice by yourself, you may wish to have one Google+ page that has both your practice name and your name. For example, Greenville Facial Plastic Surgery (Dr. John Smith). This Google+ tip 1 helps you boost search results for potential and current patients to find your listing via your practice name, your name or your location.
Google+ Tip 2 is for medical practices that employ more than one doctor. When multiple doctors work at the practice, there’s typically a local listing for the practice. In addition, doctors maintain individual Google+ pages with reviews.
Inactive pages that you’ve claimed but not verified can be deleted. Google+ Tip 3: Log into Google+ as the page owner. Choose the dropdown in the top left and select settings. The delete link is at the bottom of the page.
If you have been maintaining a brand page, you may wish to merge it with your verified Google+ local business page. Yes, there is a way to do this without losing information. Follow these steps in Google+ Tip 4. There are lots of steps, but it’s not difficult if you take them one at a time.
- To complete connecting your brand G+ page to your verified G+ page, you must have ownership. If you don’t have a Google+ page verified on Google Maps, you need to create or claim your page.
- Make sure that both pages are owned by one email account. If not, transfer ownership of one of the pages. Note: You must be a page “manager” for two weeks before page ownership can be transferred to you.
- Log in to your local Google+ page as the page owner. The check at the bottom right of the picture shows that it is verified. Hover over the check and you’ll see “verified local business”.
- Click on the dropdown in the top left corner and choose settings
- Scroll to the “Profile” section at the bottom of the page
- Click on the “Connect a Different Page” icon below “This Page is Connected to Google Maps” line.
- Choose the page that you want to connect. Note: only the owner sees the pages.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the Google+ page that you are connecting and the one that you are disconnecting.
Are you managing your Google+ or is it managing you? It can be confusing, especially when you’re not involved with Google+ daily. If you’re not comfortable making the changes or aren’t sure of the social media path you need to take, contact PUMC. We’ll help you get it on the right track and share Google+ tips with you.