Easy blogging translates to great information for your patients. The first rule of blogging is to create a resource that your patients need. It’s a place where they can get answers. Here are some tips to follow to create your best blogs.
Save Time with These Easy Blogging Tips
Topics: Increase awareness for blog topics. When you know where to look, it’s easy to develop a list of topics.
- Frequently asked questions from patients are ideal for blogging.
- Reframe current news topics that affect health, beauty, etc.
- Cosmetic surgeries and treatments are often seasonal, so consider seasonal blogs.
- Write about popular procedures, i.e., who is a candidate, preparing for the treatment, recovery tips, etc.
Repurpose information: Blogging is a great way to reuse information that you already have. In addition, you can use blog pictures and content for patient outreach. Reusing information is vital for easy blogging.
- Incorporate videos and video testimonials in blogs.
- Use before & after pictures in a blog on a specific treatment. Then, use parts of the content and pictures to post in social media or eblasts.
- If you communicate with patients via email, add a link to a relevant or recent blog.
- Take your own photo or create a word picture to emphasize a key point in a blog. Then, you can use this later in social media and Google My Business posts.
Quick Rules to Optimize SEO for Blogs
If you spend the time to write a blog, you want to make sure that potential and current patients see it. Optimize your SEO and writing to elevate the blog in search results. Then, share and reshare snippets from your blog in social media.
- Write at least 300 words in short, simple sentences.
- Make sure your title and keyword phrase are unique in your website.
- Use bullets, subtitles and bolded words to the content easy to scan.
- Share your pictures, snippets of content, etc. on Google My Business, Facebook, Instagram, directories, etc.
- Link your current blogs to your emails, share in eblasts, and other electronic communications.
- Share relevant blogs and website content when talking to patients so they have an ongoing resource.
Contact PUMC is make easy blogging second nature to you. We are here for training in SEO, writing, topic selection and more. Contact us today.