Cosmetic surgeons are inundated with offers from SEO companies, website companies, and other Internet marketing businesses. Most of them promise major improvement in a specific area. As a doctor, you need results across multiple areas in your practice. You’ll save time and money plus getter better results if you work with an agency that delivers across multiple platforms.
Do your homework so that you don’t get caught in a web of trouble. Personally check their references and work with other clients. Too many one-horse agencies simply can’t implement and integrate the marketing tools you need to be successful. In addition to talking to their clients, here are some questions you should ask.
- Do their marketing plans include online and offline elements?
- Are short-term and long-term tactics and objectives integrated into the plan?
- Do short-term tactics support the long-term success?
- Do they have check and review steps built in the plans?
- Can the agency create a website with robust content and images?
- Do they offer technology for mobile websites?
- What is their process for search engine optimization?
- Do you have access to your site analytics?
- What are their recommendations for website updates, blogs, and social media connections?
- Do they host clients’ websites?
Other Internet Marketing Channels
- Do they have experts in social media for Google+, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.?
- Are writers and designers available other promotional material?
- Can they manage video marketing?
- Do they help you with patient review sites?
- Does the agency provide training on SEO and social media changes?
- Do they provide staff training?
- Does the agency keep you updated on new Internet marketing tools?
- Do they train your staff on updating your website, maintaining social media pages, etc.?
- What coaching services for your staff are offered in different marketing areas?
Assessments and Audits
- Do they do websites audits that include analyzing content and statistics?
- Do they evaluate social media pages and advise improvement opportunities?
- Do they offer an audit of your office staff and procedures?
- Do they offer mystery shopping as an assessment tool?
- What is their experience in soliciting patient testimonials and reviews?
- Does the agency have resources to maintain your social media, website changes, etc.?
- Will they work along with your staff or alone, depending on your situation?
- Do they write or edit your blogs?
- Do they offer other industry news and information to help keep you current?
Internet marketing changes frequently. In 2012, we had major changes in SEO (from Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm changes), significant changes in Facebook (Timeline, post reach, etc.), Google+ changes, Local Listing, etc. You need an agency that keeps up and advises you what to do as changes occur.
At PUMC, we focus on how Internet marketing can help you grow your cosmetic surgery and medical spa practice. We look at your big picture, and then work with you to create a successful marketing path that will keep you at the top. If your practice isn’t as successful as you want it to be, contact us to discuss your options. Choosing the right Internet Marketing Agency – PUMC – can save you time and money & optimize results.