Blog ideas are challenging for some doctors, especially when you want to expand beyond discussing products and procedures. Think about the interests of people instead of your services for other ideas. Here are some blog ideas that interest people.
- Trends are always a hot topic, especially those that involve celebrities and famous people. Blog about news articles (add links) on beauty treatments, anti-aging, plastic surgery and non-invasive treatments.
- Testimonials are always of interest to the general population. Blogging these topics give you an opportunity to add video, before & after pictures, talk about the procedure and results! Remember to stay away from technical speak.
- Office news can be fun topics. Think about things that entertain you and your staff. Funny questions from patients (remember to change the names to protect your patients). Office move or renovation news. Staff news. Meet the doctor. Community involvement.
- Product or procedure comparisons are interesting subjects. Keep your tone general and link to resources that support your thoughts.
- Demystify myths. Discuss common misconceptions about plastic surgery or non-invasive procedures. How did they start? What is true? What isn’t true?
- Talk numbers. When associations publish numbers, it’s an excellent time to share information with your patients.
- Information on discounts and specials is always welcome by patients. This gives you an opportunity to discuss procedure benefits. Why is timing important? Are you hosting an event? Include content, pictures in your blog.
- Has your doctor received an award? Has your practice been named the best local medical spa? Has someone on your staff been recognized for contributions? All of these are interesting to people. Blog about them.
- How-to blogs about obtaining optimum results from a product are good. This gives you a chance to add pictures, videos and examples too.
- There is a lot of plastic surgery and medical spa news online. Link to the article and blog about it.
You may have a lot of blog ideas, but writing simply isn’t your forte. Or, maybe you don’t have time to write. Assign writing to a staff member or outsource it. But, don’t allow your blogs languish. Blogging feeds social media, newsletters and keeps fresh content on your website. Contact PUMC for more blog ideas or ways to reuse blog content.