New clients ask how to add managers to social media pages. This is a frequently asked question, so I decided to write a blog as a reference. Here are instructions to the top three social media sites.
You must be the page owner to authorize new managers. Here are instructions on assigning managers to social media Google+.
- Log into the business page you wish to manage.
- over your mouse over the drop-down menu on the left under Google icon.
- Select Settings
- Click Managers from the navigation links shown across the top of the page.
- Click Add Manager icon, and enter the email address of the person you wish to invite as a manager. (Icon is not available if you do now own your page).
- Google handles the notification email, so you’re done.
If someone else owns your page, ask them to transfer ownership to you. If you do not know who owns your page or have no way to contact the owner, you may request transfer of ownership via Google. https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778
Page admins can authorize other managers on a Facebook business page. Follow the instructions below to assign managers to social media Facebook.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Click Page Roles in the left column.
- I recommend becoming their friend on your personal Facebook page to make it easier.
- Type their name and select them from the list that appears.
- If the person isn’t your Facebook friend, type their email address. (Doesn’t always work)
- Click Editor drop-down menu to select the role you want to assign from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save and enter your password to confirm.
Depending on their settings, the person you assign as a new manager may receive a notification or an email from Facebook.
Your YouTube channel should be linked to your Google+ page. Then, each manager of your Google+ page can manager your YouTube channel without sharing a password. Refer to the instructions for adding Google+ managers to assign managers to social media YouTube.