Ask to receive! Here are ways to get more online reviews from your satisfied patients. Why? Because referrals are ideal. When patients tell their friends and family about your awesome work, it’s the best marketing that you can get. Choose one, three or all of these tips to get more online reviews.
- Personal email—Send a thank you to your satisfied patients .Personalize it for their procedure, treatment, follow up, etc. This is a great time to ask for an online review. Add the appropriate link to make it easy for them to write a review.
- Add links to emails—Adding links to review sites on email blasts, your email signature, etc. helps patients access review sites quickly. This doesn’t work as well as a personalized approach, but it can still get more online reviews. Plus, it’s an easy one-time update to your templates.
- Office visits—Whether a patient comes in for Botox® or plastic surgery, your staff usually makes some small talk. Ask if the patient uses Facebook, Google, Yelp, etc. It’s a natural progression in the conversation to ask for a review.
- Social media—Ask for reviews on your social media pages, especially Facebook. It’s easy for Facebookers to write reviews.
- Review site links—Make online review sites easy to access with links on your website and other social media. Create custom URLs when available. These are easy to remember when having face-to-face conversations, i.e., facebook.com/DrJayWatkins.
- Handouts—Asking for reviews via print is easier than you think. Simply add a custom URL to postcards, business cards, instruction sheets, refrigerator magnets, note pads, etc. Your staff can ask for an online review as the item is given to the patient. Or, you can include a call-to-action (CTA) in snail mail. Either way, your name and request stays in front of your patients.
- Cross-reference—If someone leaves a review on Facebook, don’t hesitate to ask for one on Google. Or, vice-versa. Patients can leave reviews on multiple sites or send a testimonial for your website.
- Video testimonials—Create a short video to get more online reviews. Or, video a patients testimonial that you can use on your website and social media. You can also transcribe what your patient into SEO content.
- Phone or text—Many patients have smart phones, making it easier than ever to reach out to them. Ask your patients if you can text or call them occasionally. It’s a great way to follow up and ask for a quick online review.
Contact our PUMC experts if you need to brainstorm ideas on getting more patients in your door. We’re here for you.