Do you have a blog on your website? Are you consistently posting blog posts to increase connection to your database and to increase your visibility on the search engines? If you aren’t, you might wish to consider this very inexpensive and easy way to market your practice.
What is a Blog?
A blog is an online website or page on a website where the writer(s) can share thoughts, opinions, and information with others. The word “blog” is actually short for “weblog,” which referred to a personal online journal.
Many cosmetic practitioners have a blog on their practice websites, in which they share information about new services, procedures and/or products, as well as the latest info about staff members and other practice news. While a blog doesn’t replace a monthly e-newsletter, it is an effective marketing opportunity.
5 Blog Benefits
- The best reason to have a blog is to attract more visitors to your website as a result of better ranking on Google and the other search engines. Proper keyword choices and regular submission of new content can definitely boost your position.
- Your blog can provide insights on a broad variety of topics related to your practice that otherwise have no specific place on your procedure, treatment, or product pages, such as statistics about various procedures, recovery tips and the like.
- A blog fosters a sense of community if it allows readers to engage with your content by leaving comments and interacting with you and/or other readers.
- A blog allows you to dig deeper into areas under or unrepresented on your website, even about recent trends and/or products about which you may disagree.
- A blog provides a level of gravitas about you to your readers, reinforcing you as the expert they can trust.
- Create Compelling Headlines & Copy
Plan your copy in advance, write concisely, edit and rewrite, as necessary. Sometimes you must put the copy aside for a day or two and finish later when it’s fresh again. Add examples, statistics, and visuals to make your content engaging and researched.
- Be Yourself
You have a unique, personal writing style, so let that shine through your blog posts. Write in a conversational tone and avoid highly technical or formal writing. Simplify tough topics to keep readers interested and wanting more.
- Encourage Feedback
Ask readers to comment and when they do, respond promptly. You can add social media sharing buttons to your blog to make it easier for readers to share your content.
- Promotion is Key
Like a new procedure, treatment, product, or employee, you want your database of prospective, current, and past patients to know about it! They need to know that your blog exists and how to access it—and they need to know it has value to them. It’s not enough to have a link at the top of the website that says “blog,” because patients often don’t understand the usefulness of that content unless you tell them.
- Consistency Matters
You must post on a regular basis, be that weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
When you add a blog post to your website, let your audience know by posting a link to the blog post on your Google Business Profile and the social media outlets you use, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
The Bottom Line
Blogging takes time and effort to build your audience. We write blogs for our clients all the time and would be happy to provide this service to you! Call us at 800.272.8436 or complete this online form.
For more tips about blogs and blogging, check out these articles: