PUMC is witnessing an uptick of some of our clients and other physicians being sued for ADA violations. There is a group of national attorneys that see this as an easy money-making opportunity to have doctors “settle” to make the lawsuit go away versus trying to fight it in court.
What do you need to do?
1. Using the guidelines, scan your website to determine how you stand with ADA requirements
2. Determine which areas of your website are most vulnerable and set a plan to fix them
3. Review all text to confirm that it conforms to ADA requirements
4. Meet with your web designer/ developer on a plan to fix your issues.
5. Although the Federal government may take time to identify violations, disabled individuals are representing themselves in immediate lawsuits.
Need help? Click to contact PUMC to see if you qualify.