SWOT Analysis for a Medical Practice
A SWOT analysis is part of every strategic planning. Identifying your practice’s (SWOT) Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats is vital to achieving an advantage over your competition. Also, you may want to take this another step and perform a SWOT for your competition. Here are some items to consider as you perform your analysis.
12 SWOT Analysis Questions
- Is your surgery success rate better, worse or about the same as your competition?
- Is practice location and inside décor better or worse than competition?
- Do you invest in new equipment and offer non-invasive services? Examples include, CoolSculpting, injectables, etc.
- How are patients treated? In contrast to your competition, think about patient wait time, consultation, follow ups, etc.
- Is your staff trained in responding to questions, cross-selling and working with the public in person and via phone?
- Are your financial management practices good, poor or average?
- Is your marketing outreach consistent and effective?
- What does your online reputation say about you? Are you maximizing your reviews and testimonials for potential patients?
- Are you facing stronger competition, dissatisfied patients or high employee turnover?
- Do you have a legacy plan to expand your practice by bringing in another doctor, add a new location, sell your practice, etc.?
- Do you have longevity with a marketing agency to build your plan and brand? Or, do you switch frequently?
- Are you assessing the cost-effectiveness of your practice’s products, services, etc. regularly?
5 Focus SWOT Analysis for a Medical Practice
- SWOT Analysis of a Doctor
- Cosmetics SWOT Analysis
- Medical SWOT Analysis
- Beauty Products SWOT Analysis
- Marketing agency SWOT Analysis
Need help creating a SWOT Analysis for your Medical Practice?
Isn’t it time for you to perform a SWOT analysis. This helps you optimize your strengths. In addition, you can take steps to fix your opportunities and weaknesses. It’s also important to understand and address your weaknesses. Every good strategic plan includes a SWOT analysis. If you aren’t sure where to begin, contact PUMC. We’re always happy to assess business performance and brainstorm improvements.