Improving our communities begins with one deed at a time. It takes a village with residents sharing skills and passions to build a strong community. PUMC leaders portray the “giving back” lifestyle in everything they do. Through their actions, they encourage others to give back too. Here are just a few ways that our PUMC staff gives back.
Helping Youth in Our Communities
Several members of our staff volunteer for leadership roles. They encourage our youth to achieve their best lives. Improving our communities through youth programs is win-win beyond a lifetime.
- PUMC’s Sr. VP works with girls through Soroptimists. This group inspires girls through education, empowerment and enabling opportunities.
- Our Marketing Strategist serves in leadership positions in Catholic Daughters of the Americas Court Compton. They offer scholarships. In addition, they mentor youth to overcome difficulties in life such as being victims of bullying, violence or poverty.
- PUMC’s President has years of experience in creating successful business strategies. So, you’ll often find him mentoring young entrepreneurs.
- One of our graphic artists provides graphic design, website support, posters, videography and photography for her son’s school.
Reaching Out to Veterans
Transitioning from military to civilian life isn’t easy. So, PUMC’s project manager and her husband started a non-profit weekend fishing adventure (www.muskymissioncomplete.com) with other veterans. This non-profit promotes a fishing adventure on one of nation’s best Musky lakes. Plus, veterans have an opportunity to network and heal with others. In addition, a PUMC graphic designer also lent her talents to create a logo.
Assisting Underprivileged People in our Community
Circumstances can get in the way of life. This has a major impact on a person or a family. We have staff members that are passionate about lending a helping hand. We all give through donations, community resources and volunteering.
- Our social media director teaches reading to adults. Also, she works with the community library to direct underprivileged people to local resources such as food, shelter, and mentoring.
- PUMC’s Marketing Strategist works with a group that provides blankets and clothing to homeless during the winter.
Improving our Environment
PUMC has staff who enjoy working with plants and animals. So, you’ll find two of our website designers volunteering in park projects. Some of their work includes:
- Clearing invasive plants from San Diego Canyonlands. Thus, we rehabilitated the area with native plants.
- Volunteering as a caretaker for New Life Animal Sanctuary. Our mission is to rescue and rehab animals from laboratories.
- Providing free web and graphic design work for local animal shelter’s adoption campaigns.
Improving our Communities through the Arts
One of our designers volunteers to help Jason Becker (30-year ALS survivor) with his website. In addition, this helps with other creative needs. If you aren’t familiar with the inspiring story of this gifted musician/composer, read his moving biography. He continues to compose music using only his eyes. So, his family/friends aid in recording with other musicians performing his compositions. Some design work is also sold in posters and shirts with all proceeds going toward Beckler’s healthcare costs.
We’re so proud of all our staff for improving our communities where we work, live and play. We often help our clients, friends and neighbors in their volunteer efforts. Giving back is the lifestyle that PUMC staff chooses. We found sharing how we give back very rewarding. Plus, we learned a lot about each other. Think about sharing your story!