Are you familiar with the term “podcast?” Do you currently offer podcasts to your patient base? Do you understand why you should, and do you understand that we at PUMC can help you manage the process and presentation to enable you to enjoy a seamless experience that markets you to your patients? Carry on!
What is a Podcast?
A podcast is an audio presentation via digital media, almost like having your own radio show. Listeners can stream or download your podcasts, which are pre-recorded and available online to be heard at the listener’s convenience. A podcast might be an interview, a story, a news report of an event, virtually anything. You might think of a podcast as a spoken blog post.
Podcasts can cover any topic at all—and they do! Offered by hundreds of thousands of corporations, private business owners, public opinion purveyors, pundits, and, yes, cosmetic surgeons, podcasts are found on podcasting platforms (accessed via podcasting apps on smartphones, tablets, and computers), streaming services and websites. Individuals can subscribe to podcasts, giving them a flexible and personalized method to engage with a brand on their way to work, during lunch or virtually any time of day or night.
What are the Benefits of Podcasting?
Podcasts have become an immensely popular way to stay informed and/or to be entertained or educated. Here are some reasons why your practice can benefit from offering podcasts:
- Convenience: Like blog posts, a podcast lets the listener tune in at will. They can enjoy your podcast while cooking dinner, commuting to and from work and social engagements, during workouts and chores. You get the idea. Unlike a blog post, the podcast listener can be engaged in other hands-on activities that do not require the individual to be actively reading content, as it’s read to them, just like listening to the radio or an audio book. It’s a multi-tasker’s dream!
- Content Variety: You can talk about anything on a podcast, just as you can in a blog. You can offer podcasts on various subjects from which a listener can choose, such as facial surgery, breast surgery, facial fillers, etc. Essentially, any topic that describes something you do in your practice can be fodder for a podcast or two.
- You can add a Guest: Want to give happy patients the opportunity to share their satisfaction with your other patients? Ask them to participate individually or as part of a group to discuss their cosmetic results for others. They can answer common questions, describe their recovery, and give helpful suggestions to listeners, all the while boosting your gravitas!
- Podcasts are Portable: They can be downloaded and saved offline, making them accessible without an internet connection.
How to Create Your Podcasts
There are 2 ways to create a podcast: The hard way and the easy way.
1: The Hard Way:
- Choose a name
- Choose your first topic or two
- Decide on a hosting platform
- Choose intro and outro music
- Purchase equipment
- Submit to platforms
- Promote the podcast
- Analyze distribution
- Rinse and Repeat
The above actions require a great deal of time and energy.
2: The Easy Way:
Let PUMC manage your content and production, deploying our social media experts to market your engaging content and our logistical and tech folks to give you superior quality podcasts produced by experts.
Full-Service Podcast Production
- From imagination to launch, our team will work to achieve your voice.
- Learn to maximize reach and growth with scheduled sustainable post-releases.
- Create a compelling brand and build the ideal audience.
- Earn key partnerships and new business opportunities.
- Maximize exposure with paid, earned, and organic media.
- Launch with confidence.
See It In Action!
The Bottom Line
Podcasts are the latest generation of marketing tools to move your practice forward. Don’t be left behind and don’t re-create the wheel! Our talented staff will take your podcast ideas to create compelling results that will boost your brand. Contact us online or call us today at 800-272-8436 to bring this exciting—and effective—technology into your practice!