Buying an established website can give your marketing a boost. But, you don’t just buy any existing website. As a plastic surgeon, you want one that reaches your target audience. This means that location and procedures are important. PUMC has been in business for 40+ years. Occasionally, one of our long-standing clients retires, offering the opportunity for another surgeon to buy an established website. Here’s what you need to understand before a purchase.
Established Website Consideration Points
Search engine optimization (SEO) takes time, especially for a new website. However, purchasing an existing website that doesn’t reach your target audience is like starting at ground zero. There are several issues to consider before you buy.
- Location: Many search results include (near me). In addition, Google automatically defaults to local search when location is available. A local established website offers better results.
- Target Audience: Regardless of a nearby location, a website for a different industry isn’t reaching your target audience. A website for a local restaurant has a different audience than the target for plastic surgery.
- SEO Results: Understand the numbers. If someone is going bankrupt, SEO may not be good. On the other hand, a surgeon who is retiring could have an excellent reputation and SEO that gives you a boost.
- Reputation: Choose a reputable website designer in your industry. You are wasting your money to buy from a low-cost website. In addition, what’s worse is that shady established website practices can mean that you kiss any positive Google rankings goodbye.
- Saves Money: When you aren’t starting from scratch, you can save money. Just make sure that saving money isn’t the first point you consider.
There could be extra online visibility that goes with an existing website. For example, you may be able to negotiate taking over existing social media pages from a retiring plastic surgeon. If you are a new doctor, you may be able to negotiate a way to buy the entire practice, including the business name.
PUMC’s network of plastic surgeons and medical spas is a great place to start looking for connections. Whether you want to take over an existing practice or just buy a website, we often have a starting point. Let’s talk. Oh, and yes, we do have a plastic surgery website for sale right now. Let’s talk.