The importance of video marketing has continued to increase in 2018. If you use videos in your marketing, you’ve probably experienced some of the gains. Forbes recently wrote about Video Marketing by the Numbers. Let’s take a look at some of these statistics.
Video Marketing Statistics
- Video marketing is projected to have 80% of all web traffic by 2019.
- Click-thru rates can increase by 200-300% by adding a video to email marketing.
- Adding a video to a landing page can increase conversion rate.
- 90% of consumers report that videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- 1/3 of the time people spend online is dedicated to watching videos.
- YouTube says mobile video grows 100% each year.
So, how does video marketing compare to blogging? Digital marketing expert, James McQuivey, estimates that one minute of video content can equal 1.8 million words. Wow! That is powerful. PUMC recommends adding a video in your blogs and e-blasts when you have relevant video content.
Because videos perform well across all electronic devices, it boosts SEO and brand recall. It’s an ideal way to communicate new products and services to your patients. Integrating your brand messaging in your videos can strengthen your practice and/or medical spa brand.
Here are some tips on creating a strategic social media budget.
There are so many ways to create a quick video. It’s easy to capture a quick testimonial with your smart phone. You can record videos on your tablet, ipad or laptop. If you speak at conferences, ask the organizer for video footage. Video marketing goes far beyond just YouTube, but Youtube is a great place to start. Create a YouTube channel to store your videos so that you can easily add them to blogs, emails and social media.
Contact our PUMC experts if you need help in determining how video marketing plays a role in reaching potential patients. We can help you develop a video strategy that includes topics, placement, marketing, etc.