A QR code is a great online marketing tool. You can create a free Quick Response code for pictures, URLs, marketing message and more. As you start preparing specials and events for this holiday season, consider adding QR codes to your marketing toolkit.
Ways to Use A QR Code
- Get more reviews with a Quick Response code. If you aggregate your reviews, create a code for your microsite. Or, create a QR code to take patients to a specific review site to write a review.
- Print the code and short URL on a business card. If your URL is long, get a bit.ly.
- Post a printed copy of the code at checkout for patients to scan.
- Add code to printed flyers
- Add them to printed product tags
- Print them on promotional items such as calendars, magnets, etc.
- Sometimes, it’s challenging to keep up with hits if you use a free site to generate your QR code. You can sign up for a QR generation site that tracks hits. Or, create a shortened URL to track hits to a web page. Keep in mind that spammers use QR codes too, so customize shortened URLs for easy recognition.
- Maintain a list of free Quick Response code apps that will scan your codes. Then, when a patient says they don’t have an app, you can provide a list of free apps that are easy to download. Separate your list by android and iphone users to make it easy.
Jump on the bandwagon of this new trend. At PUMC, we make QR codes for our clients and maintain the tracking. Ask your marketing agency if they will do it for you. Have questions? Contact our online marketing specialist to learn more about making QR codes work for your medical practice.