Google My Business Photos are one of the key features of your medical practice listing. Pictures are more than just telling your story and what you do. Google My Business Insights tell you that to post more pictures for more visibility. One of the Insight graphs details how your pictures compare to other local listings. So, what kinds of pictures do plastic surgeons and medical spas need to post?
Google My Business Photos for Your Page
- Profile picture: Post a photo of the doctor if this is a solo medical practice. Seeing the doctor helps add a personal touch. If your practice has multiple doctors, use your logo. Your profile picture needs to be unique to you, so don’t purchase a picture.
- Cover photo: This photo should tell your story. If you do facial plastic surgery, it should be conveyed in the picture. Perhaps you do only veins or maybe it’s body contouring. If your practice is focused on one or two key procedures, make it known in your cover picture. Many of our clients find that their website home page photo works well here with minor modifications.
- Location photos: Help people recognize your location by posting pictures of your building. Images of your reception area, treatment rooms, spa services and other special rooms help showcase your services.
Google My Business Photos for Procedures
- Product and procedure images: Create photo albums and/or collections in Google My Business that contain content and pictures of key products and procedures. This tells your story. You can also create albums in Facebook. Include pictures with your Google My Business and Facebook posts. Post pictures help boost your visibility in Google searches, maps and images. Facebook posts with pictures are shown more in timelines.
- Before & After pictures: Medical spa and plastic surgery patients want to see procedure results. Create albums or collections in social media of groups of pictures. Use some of the best ones that are posted on your website.
Miscellaneous Google My Business Photos
- Clipart: Many free and low-cost clipart sites have relevant images that add humor to social media posts. Posts with clipart get a lot of attention. Don’t overuse these in Google My Business photos, but they are good for occasional use.
- Event photos: Do you host events? If so, take pictures and post them. Create an album or record a video to advertise your events.
- Specials: Monthly or quarterly specials are common for plastic surgeons and medical spas. Include a photo when you post about your specials.
You get the idea. Google My Business photos are critical to your online visibility. Pictures are a tremendous help in Facebook too. Make using more photos part of your overall 2017 marketing strategy.
Contact PUMC for help in optimizing your social media and online visibility. There’s a lot more than just Google My Business photos.