Medical office receptionists have to be multi-tasking experts. Answer questions via phone and in person. Check in and check out patients in addition to other duties. Your receptionist speaks to more patients and potential patients than anyone in your practice. Make sure that he or she is well trained in closing to help your receptionist rock at closing.
Tips to Make your Receptionist Rock at Closing the Deal
- A thorough knowledge of procedures and products is essential. While your receptionist should not provide medical advice, she should be knowledgeable in responding to frequently asked questions (FAQ). Put together responses to FAQs as an aid to help your receptionist rock at closing.
- Average recovery timeframe for plastic surgeries that you perform
- Benefits of plastic surgeries and non-invasive procedures
- Typical time required for procedures such as Thermage®, Botox®, CoolSculpting®, etc.
- Average cost for specific procedures and surgeries
- Information on products you sell, i.e., skin care products, diet aids, etc.
- Your receptionist needs to be aware of current and upcoming specials and promotions. This enables her to encourage a patient to book today instead of waiting. Thus, she can convert questions into consultations.
- Put discovery skills to work when talking to patients. Understanding the patient desires, needs and timeframe make a difference. For example, timing for a facelift won’t work for the mother of the bride when the wedding is in four weeks. However, some non-invasive procedures could be the answer. Check out this video for tips on discovery skills that will help your receptionist rock at closing.
Patient Inquiries Come from Multiple Sources
Your marketing efforts generate inquiries from eblasts and adword campaigns. Social media posts encourage and generate calls. Google searches lead to your website and blog information, which encourages calls. You spend a lot of money and time on executing your marketing plan. Yet, many practices lose leads and fail to close consultations simply because they fail to train their receptionist.
Is your receptionist closing consultations? Do you even know how well consultations are closed in your practice? It’s time to help your receptionist rock at closing consultations. If you need help in learning how to close and maximize your leads, call PUMC’s Lou Haggerty. She has trained thousands of receptionists in closing sales.