Google has the lead when it comes to search engine placement. Just when you’re doing well and showing on the first page, Google changes the rules. You can’t control that, but what you can do is keep up with it so that you are controlling your SEO. Today, you may be missing some of the important pieces that you can control for search engine optimization.
- Do you have a Google+ business page? If not or if you aren’t maintaining it regularly, you are missing opportunities for location and picture search listings. Set up your business and personal profile pages, verify your business, establish creator of content and then post regularly.
- Desktop search is rapidly moving to two mobile options: responsive & adaptive formats. If your website isn’t updated for mobile, you are missing an important piece of connecting with your patients. PUMC offers a responsive format if your budget is tight, but we recommend adaptive to optimize your mobile format.
- Google’s recent Hummingbird algorithm change means rethinking your content. You may need new content and to proactively secure endorsements to lock your patients into your brand.
- Google is now seeking answers for every step in the buying cycle. Have you identified the steps in your patient’s buying cycle(s)? Blogs can address trends in the buying process easily without expensive website updates. And, they give you the advantage of establishing authorship for added credibility and visibility.
- Don’t overlook other online and social media opportunities such as Facebook, LinkedIn and hashtags in your marketing mix. These offer a tremendous boost for Internet visibility and outreach to your patients.
- For plastic surgeons, the time to implement your online marketing strategy was yesterday. Individual social media pages aren’t the solution — it’s following an integrated digital marketing plan that produces results. Doctors who embraced this marketing strategy at the onset are reaping the rewards now. The good news is that you can catch up with a little work.
- Consider a mobile design with more visual and shorter content, regularly maintaining your social media pages and putting the key SEO drivers into practice.
If you need help, contact PUMC. We have proven techniques and strategies to help boost SEO for your plastic surgery practice or medical spa.