Practice marketing is vital for successful plastic surgeons. While some of your business is repeat patients, a lot comes from new patients. You can delegate work to a marketing agency. However, you and your staff have to do some of it. Let’s look at the breakdown of some of the proven techniques for your marketing strategy.
Outreach in Medical Practice Marketing
Use demographics to segment your patients. Younger patients may be more interested in fillers, Botox and breast augmentation. Liposuction and tummy tucks may interest women after childbearing years. Both men and women may be interested in facial rejuvenation or plastic surgery in their 50’s. Identify patient goals and how goals relate to current trends. Then, you can plan your outreach strategically.
- Communicate new products and procedures to patients
- Write blogs and plan website updates
- Schedule email appointment reminders
- Reach out with promotional offers
Staff Role in Practice Marketing
Typically, your receptionist is the first person patients meet. Depending on your practice, patients may also interact other staff. So, nurses, specialists, aestheticians and others should be informed. Make sure your staff can answer frequently asked questions knowledgeably.
- Aware of typical pricing of procedures and products
- Answer questions about time requirements
- Be familiar with equipment used for procedures
- Consultation expectations
- Upselling and closing techniques
A website with mobile capability and excellent SEO is vital to being found on Internet. Your site should be informative. But, online visibility just starts with a website. Your practice marketing strategy should include other online visibility techniques.
- Set up social media channels
- Consider Google Ads for key procedures
- Take advantage of Google features in maps, images and search results
- Post before and after pictures
- Personalize your messages and pictures of you and the staff
- Share event photos online
- Establish consistent descriptions, images and services in online listings for better visibility
Reputation Management’s Role in Practice Marketing
Today’s online reputation is viral. In a simple search, potential patients can find what others say about you. Online reviews are the new word-of-mouth. So, it’s important to monitor and manage your online reputation. No time to handle reviews and listings manually? Contact PUMC for an automated solution.
- Spread your review requests among different review sites based on need
- Request reviews via email and text
- Respond to your reviews to show you take an interest
- Thank the reviewer
- Invite negative reviewers to contact the office for an opportunity to resolve the issue
- Consider video testimonials for some procedures
- Thank patients who write a review or send you a referral
If your practice marketing isn’t living up to expectations, contact our PUMC marketing experts. When it comes to digital marketing, we understand that it is an ever-evolving playing field. It is almost impossible to keep up with the transition unless it’s your primary job. We customize our marketing mix to meet your needs. We can point you in the right direction or we can handle marketing for you. Call us.