Google AdsImproving online visibility is vital for today’s plastic surgery and medical spa practices. Google has 40,000 searches
every second! That translates to more than 3.5 billion searches each day. Most potential patients look for your services, reviews, social media comments and more before they call your office. Thus, improving online visibility is one of your most important marketing strategies.
Top 4 Ways for Improving Online Visibility
Stand Out in Google Searches: Have you looked at your Google My Business Insights? If so, you probably saw how many times you appeared in Internet searches. Competition for the first page of search results is fierce! Here are some ways to stand out:
• Update your Google My Business listing with correct contact information, pictures, and services.
• Claim your listings on review sites and local directories.
• Solicit and publicize your online reviews. Using review collection technology such as PUMC’s Online Review Site Management Content Service can help your search listing appear with your overall star rating.
• Use Google adwords for primary treatments and/or procedures.
Optimize your Website Content: Have you updated your website content? Do some of the pages still have “coming soon” banner? Researching the competition’s keywords and search position is important. These xx tasks help for improving online visibility:
• Ensure that you are using and enhancing the keywords that are Googled.
• Use a combination of pictures, videos, bulleted lists and other content to grab attention.
• Confirm that your content works on mobile devices, laptops and desktops.
• Maintain fresh content on your website. (Hint: blogging is a great way to do this.)
• Understand and implement search engine optimization (SEO). Or, engage the services of a reputable marketing agency with plastic surgery marketing experience.
Social Media Helps Improve Online Visibility Too
Add a blog to your website: So many doctors decide they don’t have the resources or interest in blogging. This is a mistake. Integrating a blog into your website is an easy way to keep fresh content. Blogging gives you the opportunity to talk about your services. Optimizing the SEO for each blog gives your SEO a boost. Below are ways you can reuse your blog content:
• Add pictures to blogs to lead people from Google Images to your website.
• Post blog snippets, links, images and content on social media.
• Optimize blog content for better SEO. Yoast can guide you on best practices and has plug-ins for WordPress websites.
• Link relevant blog posts to email campaigns.
Work your Social Media Pages: Yes, you need to be found in social media. But, you have to work it to reach people. Post interesting and relevant content about your practice. Here are some ways to engage existing and potential patients:
• Include images, links and videos on social media pages.
• Ensure you have correct contact information and links on each social media site for improving online visibility.
• Share interesting (non-confidential) information about your staff, services, specials and products.
• Advertise to reach a wider audience in your local area.
Are you struggling with improving online visibility? Are you lagging behind your competition? If you don’t have enough hours in the day to boost your online visibility, contact the PUMC experts. We love our jobs—especially when our efforts put a smile on your face.