Are you optimizing your local search results? Local results are important to Internet users. In fact, research shows that 4 out of 5 consumers say they want search results and ads customized to their immediate surroundings. Let’s think this through.
Unless you are planning a trip, you want local restaurant results whenever you search for type of food. The same is true when searching for plastic surgery. Almost everyone is looking locally. However, competition can be fierce in local search results. That’s why it’s important to optimize local search for your medical practice.
- Create a consistent brand. Punctuation such as colons, apostrophes, hyphens, etc. can be confusing. It doesn’t work in URLs. Yet, patients wonder, “Do I add the colon or search without it”. Avoid confusing punctuation when it’s possible.
- Website content with consistent branding is important in search results. Add specials and events. Keep your content fresh with a blog, videos, media coverage and patient testimonials. Include “local” on your pages.
- Optimize your Local Listing in Google+. Connect YouTube. Ask for Google reviews. It’s a one-stop shop to manage your business. Keeping this populated helps you appear higher in Google, Google Map and Google video searches. This translates to website clicks, driving directions and one-click phone calls.
- Get social. Facebook business pages appear in Google searches. Each business location needs a page for one-click calling and location mapping.
- Online local directories are an excellent way to boost local searches. For example, participating in your local Chamber of Commerce or a network group typically offers a link to your website. Conduct a search and claim your healthcare and local directory listings.
- Consider advertising on Facebook or Google for events, specials and key services. It’s another way to reach your local audience without breaking the bank.