When summer has passed and current and prospective patients return to their routine schedules, many elective practices see an uptick in business. If you’d like to boost your potential for an even more profitable fall—and year—check out the ideas below!
#1: Send an E-Newsletter
Why You Should Send a Monthly Newsletter
- It’s an inexpensive marketing tool
- Icontact, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp and similar services charge a flat monthly fee based on the number of emails in your database
- Templates make it easy to create an attractive newsletter
- Patients can opt in via your website or links on your social media posts
- Patients want to know about new services and/or products
- Service data identifies the topics of highest interest in each newsletter so that you can target market those services, procedures and/or products
- Newsletter articles can also be posted on your blog, which boosts SEO, enabling prospects to more easily find you
#2: Participate in Local Nonprofit and Club Fundraisers
Local fundraising events often include a silent auction and/or goody bags for attendees.
Not only does this foster name recognition, but you will be lauded for your dedication to the community.
- Donate gift certificates for a free facial to be placed into each goody bag
- Every time an attendee walks past your basket, your practice name is imprinted
- Donate a basket of skincare products for the silent auction
- No goody bags? Ask your event contact to put them on the tables where attendees will sit
- Afraid you’ll be overwhelmed with people calling for a free facial? It actually doesn’t happen. What is does to is get the word out about your practice.
- Remember Breast Cancer Month is in the fall and an excellent time to encourage your staff to get involved.
#3: Post Regularly on Social Media
- Post daily
- Add hashtags to your posts, such as #cosmeticsurgeon, #breastaugmentation, #Botox, etc.
- Insert links to appropriate pages on your website
- Always include photos with posts but make them fun, not too clinical
- Videos are even better!
#4: Send Birthday Cards
Your database includes birthdates. Remind your patients of your practice with a birthday card through Send Out Cards sent to those with a birthday each month. It’s a pleasant, unexpected treat for your patients—when was the last time you received a birthday card in the mail?—and it’s affordable and super easy to do.
Why you should do this: To remind them of your practice, which might lead to a treatment or a referral, as some of your patients will be so surprised (and touched) that they will tell friends and family members about you.
If you include a free facial as a gift, you can stop by the aesthetician’s treatment room to say “Hi,” which further reinforces your practice. Most won’t come in for the facial but the gesture is both appreciated and a reminder of your presence.
- Export a spreadsheet of patients with birthdays in a particular month, i.e.,
- Tell recipients to bring in their card for a Birthday Facial during their birth month
- You won’t be overwhelmed, we promise!
#5: Perform This Post-Consult Activity
When was the last time you received a Thank You note in the mail? We guarantee that anyone will immediately open any hand-addressed letter, particularly if it’s the size of a Thank You card. Most practices send a printed “form letter” to thank a prospective patient for attending a consultation. Adopt this easy action of hand written notes to stand out!
#6: What is Your Position on Google?
If you aren’t certain that your practice appears on the first page of Google for keywords most appropriate to your practice, call us! We can evaluate your visibility on the search engines—particularly Google, which is still the leader—and offer recommendations for improvement.
For More Practice-Building Tips, Check Out These Blog Posts