End-of-the-Year Practice Housekeeping Tips
- Compile and analyze 2020 practice performance data; i.e. prospects, consultations closed, procedures closed, surgeries closed, new patient volume, patient-of-record volume, number of surgeries, procedures, revenues, etc. Prepare for analysis and adjustments in 2021. Be sure document findings and review with staff.
- Compile and analyze 2020 practice marketing data; i.e. marketing program results. Prepare for analysis and adjustments in 2021. Document findings and discuss with staff to prepare a promotional program implementation plan.
- Analyze staff performance for effectiveness and efficiency. Identify hiring and training needs.
- Assess practice equipment and procedure needs; i.e. purchase new equipment, retire devices, add/delete services.
Prepare budget for purchasing, staff training plan, and marketing roll-out.
- Review pricing of procedures/services and profit/loss. Shop your competitors to determine if you need to revise your prices. Hire consultant to provide information on pricing and how well your competitors quote fees and sell their services.
- Compile patient satisfaction information and analysis of reviews and practice reputation. Implement and monitor plan to compile reviews.
- Assess website performance. Discuss with your website provider your website’s performance and your plans for 2021. Prepare your digital marketing plan.
- Assess practice communication programs and tools. Develop a communications plan for patients-of-record and prospective patients.
- Assess social media results and needs. Prepare a plan for active engagement.
- Determine and address burnout… yours and your staff.